Publisher HandyGames and developer Purple Lamp Studios will release SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play on January 21 for $8.99 without microtransactions, the companies announced.
Here is an overview of the mobile version, via HandyGames:
After the outstanding success of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated on PC and consoles, THQ Nordic family member HandyGames teamed up with Nickelodeon to bring this unique experience to iOS and Android as a premium title without microtransactions or any hidden paywalls. You pay once and play the full game to your heart’s content.
The world’s most beloved sea dweller is getting ready to save Bikini Bottom on your mobile device, and he brought all his friends (and enemies) to join in on the fun. Prepare yourself, for there is evil afoot!
The spongetacular remake of this fan-favorite title will have you battle raging robots with your bubble blasting abilities and show the evil Plankton once and for all that the secret formula belongs to no one other than Mr. Krabs himself. Play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy and use each one’s unique set of skills. Run, bounce, and underpants-bungee-jump your way through Bikini Bottom and meet countless characters from the beloved TV series. The battle is on!
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam and GOG in June 2020.
Watch the mobile announcement trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.